How to get green tick on your WhatsApp Business Account?
By: Yukta Debnath
When WhatsApp Validates Your Business Profile, You Are Marked As An Official Business Account With The WhatsApp Green Tick Badge On Your Profile.
If you’re confusing the “Green Tick Verification” for your business on WhatsApp with the “WhatsApp API verification”, you’re not alone! WhatsApp API Verification is not the same as WhatsApp Green Tick Verification. Both the process need to be done separately and will unlock different sets of features respectively for your WhatsApp business account. In this blog, we will walk you through both verification processes & help you understand what are the differences. Also, show you how to get Green Tick on your WhatsApp Business Account?. But let’s first understand why is a Green tick important and what additional perks it provides.
What is WhatsApp Green Tick?
WhatsApp is exploring new ways to gain the trust of customers who communicate with businesses using WhatsApp. WhatsApp launched Green Tick to convey to WhatsApp users that a particular phone number belongs to the related company/merchant. The green icon next to the contact’s name indicates that this is that company’s verified WhatsApp account. This verified icon can help customers know they’re interacting with a business’s official, verified account and prevent phishing and scams.
It is possible to use the WhatsApp APIs without Green Tick! Why get it then?
Absolutely. You can use WhatsApp Business API even if you don’t have a Green Tick on your account. All WhatsApp API functions will be available to you but, you’ll miss out on some major features.
You will not have your brand’s name in the chat list, chat screens, chat groups, and contacts view. Instead, your phone number will be shown to the users. There will not be a green checkmark beside the displayed name or the phone number in the chat or contact view. Furthermore, WhatsApp provides a disclaimer that states that this is the “Official Business Account” of the company.
All these things can really help a brand legitimize itself in front of its audience and build trust and long-term relationships.
This brings us to the next section, Types of business accounts.
There are three categories of WhatsApp business accounts:
Don't just dream. Groww your startup today.
Book a Demo Now.
1. WhatsApp Business Account with API Access & Green Tick
This is the top tier that you can have right now in WhatsApp API. If users have not saved your business’s phone number in their address book, they will still see your company’s name. This will also allow you to utilize WhatsApp API to its full potential and make automated workflow like these.
2. WhatsApp Business Account with API Access
A business account is a business that uses the WhatsApp Business App with API enabled but don’t have green tick verification. You can still use all the features of API and tools made by BusinessOnBot to help you with acquiring new users and sell your products on WhatsApp.
3. WhatsApp Business Account
WhatsApp business account is the most basic tool that a merchant can download directly from App Stores. This app enables you to engage with your audience by providing features like-
- Quick replies that let you save and reuse messages
- Add information about your business like your address, business description, email address, and website in your profile
- Organize your contacts or chats with labels,
- Set an away message when you are not available to respond or on holiday so your customers know when you’ll be back.
- You can also add a welcome message to introduce your business.
What qualifies a business for a green tick?
Applying for verification of your business on WhatsApp does not ensure a green tick will appear next to its name. WhatsApp is very picky about which businesses get this green tick, and it is usually given to well-known brands. You need a minimum amount of media mentions in public or well-known publications.
What is the process to apply for the WhatsApp Green Tick?
There are many WhatsApp Service Providers that can help you set up your WhatsApp API with different features and limitations. These providers have made many tools using WhatsApp API like Manual/Automated Chatbots, Cart and Catalog feature, and many more to help you get the best out of WhatsApp.
- Majority of the WhatsApp Service Providers give a full-fledged service from getting the API to Green tick verification with varying degrees of success. BusinessOnBot has assisted more than 200+ D2C brands to bring their business on WhatsApp successfully.
- Medium to large scale brands in getting WhatsApp API and Green Tick and start leveraging WhatsApp.
Pointers to Consider before applying for Green Tick.
- The First step will be to get a business account and get API access on that account using a WhatsApp Service Provider like BusinessOnBot.
- Complete the Facebook Business verification on your FB Business Manager.
- It is strongly advised that your company has a message level of Tier 2 or above.
- WhatsApp normally permits well-known firms to get the verified badge.
Which companies are ineligible for WhatsApp Green Tick Verification?
WhatsApp is trying to push its API’s adoption very hard and trying not to get into any legal blockade during the process. To ensure WhatsApp’s platform isn’t being used for shady deals and companies WhatsApp has buried some industries from getting the Green Tick for their business.
The following businesses cannot use WhatsApp Business APIs:
- Tobacco Products
- Gambling Enterprises
- Brands of Alcohol
- Businesses that manufacture weapons and ammunition
- Animals that are alive
- Adult Products and Services
- Medical and Healthcare Supplies
- Services for Dating
Reference | Respond.io
We love BOB, You'll too ❤️
Start Selling on WhatsApp Today
Expose your brand to millions of potential new customers through WhatsApp.