WhatsApp Interactive Messages: The Future of Business Communication
By: Yukta Debnath
Interactive messages make it easier for your customers to locate and pick what they really want from your company on WhatsApp. Chatbots with interactive message capabilities have much greater response rates and sales during testing than text-based chatbots.
What are WhatsApp Interactive Messages and how does it work?
WhatsApp’s recently announced Interactive Communication is one sort of message that can help you and your clients engage more. This feature makes extensive use of a chatbot, which allows consumers to respond with a single click.
When interacting using WhatsApp Business API, brands could only provide text-based numbered lists for a long time. When conversing with a business’s chatbot on WhatsApp API, List Messages and Reply Buttons improve the experience by making it easier and more reliable for consumers to discover and pick what they want.
Here are some things to keep in mind while utilizing Interactive Messages:
- Interactive messages can be mixed and matched in a single flow.
- Users cannot pick several options from a list or button message at the same time, although they may go back and re-open a prior message.
- Notifications can’t be utilized with a list or reply button messages. They may now only be sent within 24 hours following the user’s last message. You’ll get an error notice if you attempt to deliver a message outside of the 24-hour window.
- iOS, Android, and the web are all supported platforms.
Benefits Of Using WhatsApp Interactive Messages
Most WhatsApp chatbots provide a menu of alternatives such as “Type 1 for this,” “Type 2 for that,” and so on. Having a clickable customer list makes it much easier for consumers to choose an option rather than typing (which can lead to typos and misspellings).
2. Reaction Rates
These interactive messages and lists resulted in increased user understanding and better response rates in Facebook studies.
Lists and messages may be configured dynamically on the fly using programmatic methods. As a result, it is a powerful feature. For instance, based on a customer’s selections, they may be given alternative specialists to speak with, timeslots to book, neighboring places, and so on, all of which are chosen on the fly.
Don't just dream. Groww your startup today.
Book a Demo Now.
Using WhatsApp list messages as a seamless marketing tool has proven to be extremely popular and effective. Up to ten alternatives can be included in each list message. You may change the title, menu text, and other aspects of each item.
Customers will appreciate how easy it is to choose and respond to messages with just one click. So, what’s the advantage for you, merchants? Of course, List Message comes in handy as well! For businesses, you may respond to customers with the same written text every time, eliminating the need to copy and paste!
List Messages are best used in the following circumstances:
- menu of frequently asked questions
- Listed below are some of the stores and places in the area.
- Time slots for reservations that are available
- Selecting a recent order to duplicate
When to and When Not to Use Lists
- If you want to lead the user through a collection of menu items, use Lists.
- When you have four or more menu choices to display the user and you require context, i.e. you want to show/do particular actions based on the user’s choices, you should utilize lists.
- To allow unhandled eventualities, add a “Chat with an agent,” “Arrange a callback,” or “Others” option to the List.
- If you have three or fewer alternatives to offer a user and they are context-free, i.e. only Yes/No options, don’t utilize Lists.
- If you need to deliver Images or PDFs for each of the menu selections, don’t use Lists (a.k.a. rows). These are not suitable. If you wish to submit any common photos or PDFs, do so first, then the List. Send an image/PDF as a separate message if a user picks a List option (such as “I’d like to see a brochure”). This might either be the conclusion of the conversation or the start of another. List
- Lists are not Action Buttons, so you can’t use them for things like “Click to Call” or “Open URL.” Instead, use Interactive Templates in these situations.
- The presence of a List does not mean that a customer will not manually enter and send a response. Make sure you budget for that type of response as well.
- A customer can return to a List from earlier in the chat and select a different option. You must guarantee that your chatbots and agents are capable of dealing with this context shift. To counteract this to some extent, you may define an expiry date and a follow-up message for Lists.
The new interactive buttons may make consumer interactions more efficient and straightforward. You may now start a simple discussion by guiding the logical dialogue flow with buttons. This will assist in automating your internal procedure and reducing misunderstandings by providing pre-defined responses.
Reply buttons are especially useful in ‘personalized’ situations where a generic response is insufficient.
Interactive Buttons are useful for four reasons:
- It provides your buyer with distinct alternatives from which to select. Which aids in the definition of shorter routes to the correct solutions.
- When you provide clear alternatives, you make fewer mistakes, which makes it simpler for a chatbot to understand.
- It makes conversational flows easier.
- It’s the same for all WhatsApp Business Accounts, therefore it’s a standardized manner of displaying options.
You may use two different sorts of interactive buttons in your Template Messages:
1. Quick Reply Buttons
You may build up to three quick reply buttons for consumers to pick from in order to respond to your message quickly. Each button can have a maximum of 20 characters.
When your consumer chooses an answer, it will be received as a text-type message within chats, just like if they had entered it themselves.
When to and when not to utilize reply buttons
- Reply Buttons are useful when you want to give a consumer a restricted selection of options (up to three). Choices of Yes/No/Maybe to gauge interest, for example. Excellent/Good/Bad options for determining CSAT/NPS, etc.
- Unlike Interactive Templates, Reply Buttons cannot feature action buttons, such as those that link to a URL or a phone number. They can only be of the postback kind, which means that when the user hits a button, you’ll get a post back text.
- They don’t require previous clearance since they don’t require it. Reply Buttons are useful for using during a chatbot discussion (or) sending at the end of an agent chat to track effectiveness.
- If you wish to send detailed content, don’t utilize the button messages because they are brief.
- If you wish to send detailed options, don’t utilize the button messages because they’re brief (like timeslots, addresses, etc). Instead, make a list.
- A user can return to an earlier Reply Button in the conversation and select a different button (they cannot click on a previously clicked button because it would be greyed out). You must guarantee that your chatbots and agents are capable of dealing with this context shift. To avoid this, you may define an expiry date and a follow-up message for a Reply Button.
- The presence of a Reply Button does not mean that a user will not manually enter and send a message. Make sure you can deal with that type of response as well.
2. Call to action
Customers may select from up to two calls to action buttons that will drive them to either contact a phone number or visit a website. Each button can be up to 20 characters long, with a maximum of one phone number and one website link per template.
If your consumer chooses the ‘call a number’ option, their smartphone will dial that number automatically. If users choose the ‘visit a web page’ option, their device will launch that web page automatically. It’s that easy!
An interactive call-to-action button has many components. Here’s what you’ll need to offer when submitting a request to WhatsApp for interactive messages with call-to-actions:
- A Template for sending messages (the message you want to send to customers)
- Text for a call-to-action button (the text that goes on the button that recipients can tap)
- Type of call-to-action button (whether it leads to a URL or a phone call)
- Details of the call-to-action button (URL and/or phone number)
Why is it necessary to use an WhatsApp Interactive Messages?
1. For the sake of user-friendliness
Compared to long-text messages, interactive messages give a more brief and constant message structure. Customers may therefore use interactive message buttons to ask and pick what they want from a firm. Customers would become more familiar with this feature over time and have a better level of comprehensiveness.
2. For Business Profits
Chatbots with Interactive Message capabilities may respond to the customer’s decision automatically, resulting in much greater response rates. Customers would most likely have a better and more satisfying shopping experience as a result. We believe it will also result in improved conversion rates!
3. Personalization is necessary.
Interactive Messages may be tailored to consumer wants or conditions in real-time by populating them in real-time. You can, for example, display a List Message with open reservation time slots or utilize the Quick Reply Buttons to display prior delivery addresses.
4. No templates available.
There are no templates or pre-approval requirements for Interactive Messages.
Do you want to send WhatsApp list messages and start interacting?
Currently, only the WhatsApp Business API supports WhatsApp list messages due to the heavy coding required to build them. You will not have access to this feature if you use the free WhatsApp Business app.
BusinessOnBot is an official WhatsApp Business Service Provider (BSP) and will be able to help you access the WhatsApp API and set up list messages for your WhatsApp account.
BusinessOnBot is literally all you need to scale your WhatsApp business.
Reference | Karix.com
We love BOB, You'll too ❤️
Start Selling on WhatsApp Today
Expose your brand to millions of potential new customers through WhatsApp.